Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Restless Leg Syndrome


Mom and I are off on another adventure tomorrow. She asked me to accompany her to Columbus, where she will be attending the 2007 Master Gardener's Conference. I'm not a Master Gardener, so I won't be going to the classes with her, but we'll still manage to tear up the town together in her off time.

One thing planned is a visit to Inniswood Metro Gardens, where they presently have David Rogers' Big Bugs display. The Master Gardeners will be touring it, too, but Mom missed out on getting signed up for it. That's okay though, because she'll have more fun seeing it with me. :-)


I have to figure out what I'm going to do during the day while she's in classes on Friday and Saturday. I'll probably go to Easton and Polaris shopping centers, since they have stores that we don't have around here. I might make a return visit to Franklin Park Conservatory (they're having an Antiques and Gardens Fair) and I'll definitely check out some of the local nurseries for any late season bargains.


We'll return home on Saturday night, but we've got yet another trip planned a few weeks later to Cleveland. The Master Gardeners of Van Wert County have received a Northeast Ohio Environmental Award and we'll be attending the awards ceremony to be held at Cleveland Museum of Natural History on October 5th.

My mom is a fun person to know.

8 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Heck yeah! Your mom sounds like a really fun person to know! Your trip sounds so cool. Have loads and loads of fun! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Muum said...

I am jealous! I lived in Columbus for 8 years. Have you been to the Rose garden? That was one of our favorite places to go.

Unknown said...

Very cool--congrats to the Van Wert Master Gardeners!!! A very well-deserved award, judging by the earlier post you showed of their new children's garden. :)

Btw, while you're in Columbus I hope you make it to Oakland Nursery. I've wanted to visit this place for a long time--it looks way cool.

Kylee Baumle said...

Cindy - My mom is one of my very favorite people to do things with. She's always up for just about anything!

Muum - No, we've not been to the Rose Garden, but we plan to go there. It's very near our hotel!

Kim - I've actually already been to Oakland (see my post from June 22nd), and we stopped there again today. It's a very nice place!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Hope you both have a lovely time Kylee. And yes, your Mum does sound like a fun person to be with. Lucky you!!!!

Green thumb said...

Hi Kylee,
Mothers are generally a girls' best friend, and nothing is more beautiful than a mother-daughter relationship.
I wish I could be a part of your itnerary, you seem to have everything so beautifully planned up.

Julie said...

My Mom is my best friend...isn't it great??? Sounds like you guys have great fun together with similar interests!
Julie

kate said...

What a fun trip this will be. You have a great Mum - fun is a big part of it. Enjoy your time and please report back!

blogger templates | Make Money Online