Thursday, April 26, 2012

The 2012 Saturday6 Team


Last year, I worked with the good people at Troy-Bilt, testing their products (and giving them away on this blog!) and trying to help others become gardeners. That's really what I hope to accomplish here - to inspire others to get out and grow things!

Once again, I'm part of the Troy-Bilt Saturday6 Team, along with these bloggers:

The Saturday6 Team + 1, looking lovely in our hairnets at Chef's Garden last year

I've been working with Troy-Bilt since about a year after I began blogging in 2007, and one of the things I love about this company and their relationship with bloggers is that they truly want honest opinions about the products that they provide for review. It's one way for them to make their products even better.

And they do pay attention. The Lithium Ion String Trimmer that many of us tested and reviewed a few years ago got a remake because of the opinions of bloggers who felt that it was ergonomically awkward to use.

Me, testing a reel mower at the MTD (Troy-Bilt) facility in Cleveland last year


This year, like last, we'll be testing a few products in our own yards and gardens and sharing our thoughts on gardening topics via their monthly newsletter The Dirt. You can join their Lawn and Garden Club for free here, and you'll receive the informative newsletter in your inbox every month.

Last year, I was able to give away two great Troy-Bilt products, a chipper/shredder and a snow thrower! This year I'll be giving something away too, although I'm not yet sure what it will be. There will be more reviews, including those of an electric-start tiller and an edger.

As part of the Saturday6 Team, I am compensated by Troy-Bilt, but as always, with anything I write about on this blog, you'll get my own honest opinion, even if it's not particularly favorable. I depend on the opinions of my fellow gardeners when I'm considering purchasing a garden item, so it's important to me that you know what I really think, too.

Here's to another great year in the garden!

0 comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online